May 7, 2017 - This Week's Meal Prep Session!


Today I realized that there are three things that I ALWAYS do before starting my meal prep. It's become such a habit that I never noticed it! It's a pre-prep prep of sorts! 
  1. Clean out the fridge - Get rid of the leftovers from the previous week. By now they've been sitting there for 1 week and for me that's the limit on keeping food. You make room in the fridge and you make sure that someone doesn't grab something that's on the verge of going bad by mistake.
  2. Do the dishes - I always make sure that my sink is empty when I start my prep. I start off by washing my veggies in there so I need the room and I'm constantly putting things to wash as I'm working. If you don't do this you will end up with a massive amount of dishes at the end and it will seems so overwhelming and might turn you off from prepping. Another way to avoid this is to clean as you go as well.
  3. Take out the trash - Again, I like to start out with an empty trash can. You don't want to have to do this mid prep or be working with an overflowing trash can because that would be gross. Also, take the trash out once you're done!
This week's prep took about two hours excluding the slow cooked dish. It allowed me to work a bit on my gardening. I can't wait till my fruits and veggies come out and we get to eat the food that we grow! Here's a picture of the strawberries I picked today:


I started out with some slow cooker beef and carrots, a super easy and delicious dish. Then I worked on the honey mustard Chicken and potatoes, another one pan dish to add to the collection. I then made the chicken enchilada and quinoa casserole and finished with the turkey and sweet potato burgers. I usually roast the burgers in the oven but since the weather is so nice here and I have the grill on for the lunch chicken I decided to grill them instead. They turned out delicious! I doubled the recipe so we had some for dinner tonight with a side sauteed veggies.

I love hearing from you so if you try any of these recipes let me know how they turned out!

Dinner prep












































I also always bake a bread and it is a delicious Ezekiel bread. The machine bread recipe can be found here









As always I encourage your comments and look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili

Chocolate cranberry protmeal