April 2, 2017 - This Week's Meal Prep Session!




I always start my meal prep by getting the bread maker going and my goal is always to try to "beat the bread". By that I mean that I try to finish cooking before the bread is done baking. Ezekiel bread takes 3 hours 25 minutes from start to finish in the bread machine. Today I was done with about 50 minutes left on the clock! The secret was that I made two recipes that requires cooked chicken and for that I use rotisserie chicken. It's easy and delicious.

I made some zucchini enchiladas where I used thinly sliced zucchini in lieu of tortillas. The recipe required me to roll the zucchini around the filling. Well, let me tell you, it didn't quite work out that way. The zucchini kept breaking so, to make my life easier, I laid it out like I would a lasagna. My taste will never know the difference. Using more rotisserie chicken, I made a cold fighting chicken soup. None of have a cold but I love the soup and I decide what we eat so there you have
it! It's healthy, delicious, and very easy and quick to make. Next we have some Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts and finally some spinach stuffed flank steak. The last two recipes had been sitting in my Pintrest cooking board for quite some time so I finally decided to give them a try. They were both a little on the messy side but looked ans smelled really good.

For lunch, once more, I've grilled chicken and steamed veggies. As I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle (I basically sit at a desk all day and nerd it up as an Information Systems Manager) I've cut down a lot on carbs. It has really helped in reducing my belly fat. The Ezekiel bread that I make is mainly used for sandwiches for the kids these days. We also eat a lot of eggs. Those little guys have a bad rep but science has turned around once more and eggs are no longer seen as being unhealthy. They are protein packed and only 55 calories each.

I hope you find some inspiration this week. Enjoy the cooking!

Dinner Prep





















Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts









Stuffed Steak Rolls











The Ezekiel bread machine bread recipe can be found here









As always I encourage your comments and look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Soup in a Jar - Italian Wedding

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili