April 30, 2017 - This Week's Meal Prep Session!


This weekend has been quite hectic with lots of running around. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to work on my garden and I'm getting antsy that I haven't planted much yet. Meal prep also took a little longer than it had in the past few weeks but that's because there was some marinating and slow cooking involved. It all got done in about four and half hours. That all paid off in the end because everything came out so delicious! There have been times where I've prepped and honestly haven't been too enthused by all dishes. This time is not one of those times. 

I first started working on the Grilled Thai Curry Chicken Skewers with Coconut-Peanut Sauce and  
left it to marinate in the fridge as I prepared my other meals. Next came the Slow Cooker Carnitas. Nothing better than that for taco Tuesday. I grilled some bell peppers and got some avocados to add to those tacos. I found another one pot chicken meal, the One Pot Italian Chicken And Rice. Like with the previous ones that required chicken thighs, I removed the skin before cooking it. Finally a pasta dish, Chicken and Bacon Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes in Garlic Cream Sauce. I went with fat free half and half to cut down on the fats.

For lunch I grilled chicken and steamed veggies. My husband requested some sweet potatoes so I roasted a few of those as well. Again those steamed veggies and sweet potatoes will also be used as sides for dinner along with some salad.

Dinner Prep

Grilled Thai Curry Chicken Skewers with Coconut-Peanut Sauce









Slow Cooker Carnitas









One Pot Italian Chicken And Rice









Chicken and Bacon Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes in Garlic Cream Sauce




















I also always bake a bread and it is a delicious Ezekiel bread. The machine bread recipe can be found here


As always I encourage your comments and look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Soup in a Jar - Italian Wedding

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili