April 9, 2017 - This Week's Meal Prep Session!



Another week over and I beat the bread once more! 4 dinners and lunches done in 2.5 hrs. I had quite a busy weekend so I'm glad that meal prep didn't fall through the cracks. Next week there will be no meal prep because it's my son's spring break.

I try to use my time as efficiently as possible. I've written in past about ordering my groceries online and how it has saved me time, sanity, and even money. I try to get my menu done on Friday or Saturday so that I pick up my groceries Sunday morning after taking the kids to their swimming class. Saturday my daughter has a 45 minute ballet class and parents are not allowed to sit in on the class. Since she's very young I sit in the hall during her class and wait until it's over. Just in case there is a potty emergency! I decided this week, instead of just sitting there like a bump on a log, I would use that time to make my menu. I went through my Pintrest boards and found new recipes and gradually added my ingredients to my online order. The joys of modern technology! All I needed was on my phone.

I felt I overdid it with the chicken last week so I added more beef and left the chicken for lunch. I made my famous vegetarian three bean chili, blackened tilapia with a cucumber-avocado salsa which we'll have with a side of pesto orzo, beef and broccoli, and finally my daughter's special request, a lasagna. Word to the wise, NEVER leave you husband or significant other unsupervised near the containers of food! I had the food out on the counter cooling down before I put them in the fridge and "half" (in quotes because it was much more than that!) of a tilapia fillet went missing! Well guess who's not getting fish tomorrow!


Dinner Prep


Vegetarian Three Bean Chili










































I also always bake a bread and it is a delicious Ezekiel bread. The machine bread recipe can be found here


As always I encourage your comments and look forward to hearing from you!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Soup in a Jar - Italian Wedding

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili