April 23, 2017 - This Week's Meal Prep Session!


Back to the grind after spring break! There is no better way to get back into the groove than starting the week off with a good meal prep session. I also did some prep for my Ezekiel bread which I'll cover in my Tuesday's Tip in two days. The prep took around two hours which left me a lot of time to work in my garden! Gardening makes meal prep even more fun as my menus are based on what I pick. It also encourages the kids to eat more fruits and veggies because they get so involved in the growing process.

The first dish I made was a One-Pan Chicken Thighs with Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Rice dish. I decided to take the skin off the chicken before cooking it so as to reduce the amount of fat. The rice came out nice and tangy. I'm really looking forward to eating this. After this all my inspiration went out the window so I went with some quick favorites. The Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf Muffins are great and we usually have them with some steam veggies. Then I made some kielbasa and cabbage. It's a low carb, quick meal. Finally, you can't go wrong with spaghetti!

For lunch I grilled some chicken and steam veggies. I hope you give some of these recipes a try!

Dinner Prep

One-Pan Chicken Thighs with Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Rice









Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf “Muffins”









Fried Cabbage With Kielbasa























I also always bake a bread and it is a delicious Ezekiel bread. The machine bread recipe can be found here


As always I encourage your comments and look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Soup in a Jar - Italian Wedding

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili