What is this all about?



I've been doing meal prep for quite a while as a means to reduce the stress in my life. I have 2 kids and I work full time. The kids have various after-school and weekend activities and my husband plays soccer a couple nights a week. I often found myself completely strung out when we got home, the kids would be tired and cranky, nothing was ready to eat, and quite frankly I was tired and cranky too! As a result we would often order in or get take out. I was packing on the pounds which made me even more tired and cranky! Quite the vicious circle. Last year I decided to take my health more seriously,  I started working out and doing Tae Kwon Do three days a week. Exercise alone would not help me achieve my fitness goals so I had to do something about my eating habits as well. I decided that if I took a few hours on the weekend to prepare the meals for the week I would save my sanity one dish at a time. I started meal prepping on Sunday and posting pictures on Facebook. My friends seemed to respond quite well to my posts and some encouraged me to start a blog so...here it is!

Using this blog I hope to help people meal prep, organize, and discover new dishes. If I'm trying something new I'll follow up with updates on how the dishes turned out and what the verdict was at home. I could also get reeeeally fancy and post a video or two! I may also talk about how I fit a fitness regimen in this crazy week of mine. I hope you enjoy what I write about and I encourage you to comment and invite your friends!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili

Chocolate cranberry protmeal