November 6 - This week's meal prep session!


Daylights saving time gave me an extra hour today since I woke up early. I had time to go buy a new bookshelf for my daughter, build it (I actually enjoy doing that), and re-organize her room. After I was done I started with my meal prep. I discovered 4 new recipes this week and seem quite good. I also like that they include a starch, protein, and veggies. I ended up going for kale salads for lunch because I doubled up my kale order last week. I wanted 3 bunches and didn't realize that each "bunch" was actually two bunches. Kale overload!!! As usual I tweaked some of the recipes to make them a bit healthier.


Dinner prep


 Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken With Zucchini -This looks really delicious but requires 8 tbsp of butter! Instead of using 4 tbsp butter to dredge the chicken I used egg whites.


  Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna. I've made some modifications to this recipe and I'm working on a video to add.







Slow Cooker Sausage, Spinach And White Bean Soup. I used a smoked turkey sausage for this one. The kids had some for dinner this evening and really liked it.





Chicken And Potatoes With Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce. I used fat free half and half and chicken breasts instead of thighs.


Lunch Prep


Kale Salad With Chicken, Croutons And Soft Boiled Eggs. I put the croutons in a separate sandwich bag so they don't get soggy






Massaged Kale Salad. I added a side of rotisserie chicken and passed on massaging the kale. Since I'm making this salad ahead of time, the acid in the vinaigrette will tenderize the kale.






The bread is a delicious Ezekiel bread. The machine bread recipe can be found here.








As always I encourage your comments and look forward to hearing from you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili

Chocolate cranberry protmeal