October 23 - This week's meal prep session!


This week we go on a trip around the world. I went looking for recipes that were quick to make but I wanted some variety. We have flavors from Korea, Mexico, and Thailand. My daughter's been after me to have a "Taco Tuesday." If you use extra lean ground beef tacos are not so bad for you. You just need to be judicious with your sour cream and cheese consumption. Taco Tuesday doesn't take much prep. I just bought a taco kit and precooked my seasoned ground beef. Then on Tuesday evening I'll chop up some veggies and toast the shells up a bit. For the other meals there are two that have a side of rice so I precook that as well. 

Lunches were a repeat from last week. Those spuds are a seriously delicious and when I asked my husband what he wanted to eat this week he asked for a repeat without even hesitating. The spuds and wraps are very easy to make and I buy a whole rotisserie chicken to use in both recipes. I tried something a little different with the wraps. I mashed the avocado and mixed it with the hummus while adding a little bit of lemon to it. By Thursday last week, when I had my second wrap, the avocado had really browned and it was a little unappetizing. I'll see how it works out this week and alter the recipe if need be to add this little update.

As always I hope this helps to inspire you!

Dinner Prep


 Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken With Zucchini -This looks really delicious but requires 8 tbsp of butter! Instead of using 4 tbsp butter to dredge the chicken I used egg whites. 

 Korean beef - Instead of using ground beef for this recipe I used beef sirloin so I let it cook a little longer. I also doubled the sauce.


Lunch Prep




 The bread is a delicious Ezekiel bread. The machine bread recipe can be found here.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soup in a Jar - Pho Ga

Vegetarian Three Bean Chili

Chocolate cranberry protmeal